Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lesson 7b - Small Engine Repair Reference Center

I chose the snowblower oil change project.  I punched in Outdoor Power Equipment then chose John Deere 320.

It's a two-cycle engine so you don't change the oil.  You just mix the oil with the gas.  The general ratio is 50 to 1.

The only reason I was able to write the above is because my brother works on engines and that is what he told me.  When I looked up how to change the oil on the SERRC site, it didn't tell me any of this.  Just that it was a 2 cycle engine and you mixed the oil with the gas.  Which if I had just taken that at face value I would have assumed you put the oil in the gas tank.  (LOL!  My brother just told me that that is correct.)  Okay, so I'm a girl.  How am I supposed to know that?

I just looked up another type of snowblower to see if the lubrication is done differently.  And it talks about shift rods and drive clutches.  For heavens sake just give me a shovel! Why does mankind have to make everything so difficult?

Okay.  I looked up some all terrain vehicle (I do not know what that is) engine and I looked up the lubrication section and it was much more detailed and had pictures but it was still too complicated for me to understand.  I think I'll just take whatever breaks down to the shop and have someone else fix or maintain it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment